We’re looking for Business Development Manager!
Manager, Business Development
Full Time – effective immediately
Salary – $70,000 plus benefits
The Manager, Business Development reports to the Director of the Skilled Trades Institute
The successful candidate is responsible for managing existing business activities and identifying, cultivating and growing new business opportunities by working with companies, government and organizations to develop training partnerships in a wide variety of skilled trades.
Training delivered by the GTTI Skilled Trades Institute includes pre-apprenticeships engaged in residential home construction.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Business Development & Advancement
Create partnerships and engage external resources and stakeholders in a manner that will directly support the needs of the organization, the community served by GTTI and the clients of the Skilled Trades Institute.
Business Development: Relationship Management
- Manage, cultivate and leverage positive relationships, partnerships and networks with the community, corporate and employer organizations, First Nations, public and private education and training providers, funders, elected officials, trade unions and other stakeholders to discuss and develop programs, workforce development, other training offerings and job advancement initiatives.
- Develop the capacity of GTTI/STI to serve as a valued and respected partner in local economic capacity-building.
- Maintain contacts to keep aware of emerging issues of significance to GTTI and STI.
- Foster positive, constructive relationships with GTTI/STI staff.
- Collaborate with GTTI/STI staff to support program marketing, budgeting, and delivery.
Business Development: Job Advancement
- Develop connections, networks and relationships with industry and trades organizations, companies, professional associations that can offer a direct line to employment opportunities for qualified graduates.
- Cultivates relationships with employers that may be leveraged on behalf of the Skilled Trades Institute and students.
Business Development: Grant & Proposal Writing
- Research and develop inspiring and compelling funding proposals, grant applications, sponsorship packages and cases for support to secure funding, demonstrating an understanding and ability to adapt writing style for different audiences.
- Conduct environmental surveillance to identify potential grant and other funding opportunities.
- Prepare updates and reports for the Director.
- Maintain related databases.
Business Development: Funding & Revenue Generation
- Identify non-traditional revenue sources, including foundations, corporations,
- Source government grants and funding sources from corporate partners. Complete and submit funding and grants applications and respective documentation.
Program & Curriculum Development
- Develop and maintain a calendar of subsidized and margin-producing training programs and courses to meet community training needs.
- Complete education training needs analysis with community stakeholders and review of relevant labour market information as the basis for program and course development.
- Maintain effective and timely communications with GTTI Skilled Trades Institute staff, Board of Directors, Committee Chairs, external organizations, funders and other stakeholders.
- Write creative communications that will engage prospective funders, government agencies, students, instructors and donors.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Marketing, the Board of Directors and other staff
- Articulate the features and impacts of new programs and initiatives, and integrate content into new and existing vehicles, in collaboration with the Manager, Marketing.
- Communicate with potential donors and institutional donors.
- Completion of a three-year post-secondary diploma/degree is required.
Certification, Accreditation and Licensure
- Satisfactory police reference check and vulnerable sector screen is required.
- Must possess a valid Class ‘G’ driver’s license, insurance and use of a reliable vehicle is required.
- Minimum three (3) years related experience is required.
- Experience in a community-based not-for-profit is preferred.
- Experience with social enterprise initiatives is an asset.
- Previous grant writing experience is preferred.
- Background in the areas of business development, community relations, education and administration is preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Tools/Equipment & Resource Materials
- Excellent project and database management skills.
- Use of Microsoft™ suite of software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook™.
- Familiarity with Google™ tools (including calendars, document sharing.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, listening) and ability to present ideas clearly and effectively.
- Strong consensus-building and partnership engagement and networking skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other external organizations, including those that are politically sensitive in nature.
- Ability to initiate, anticipate and adapt to emerging opportunities.
- Ability to synthesize and navigate complex information and issues within the context of the organization’s directives.
- Ability to convey the ideas of others to a range of audiences and build relationships to influence change.
- Demonstrated political acuity and sensitivity.
- Business acumen that can be effectively utilized in a not-for-profit organization.
- Understanding of governance in the not-for-profit sector.
- Collaborative team player focused on contributing to organizational objectives.
- Highly detail-oriented and accurate
- Discretion and tact in handling highly sensitive or confidential information/
Working conditions under which the job is performed, including any undesirable or disagreeable elements:
- Work from an office and remotely.
- Work often involves travel by automobile throughout Georgina, York Region, GTA, some further travel is required on an occasional basis.
- Considerable use of a computer resulting in significant visual and mental concentration.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Stress resulting from meeting deadlines on a continual basis.
- No significant physical exertion.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com